Spider veins on the face and legs bother millions of people. Spider veins are unsightly red, bluish or purple veins that can result from sun exposure, use of oral contraception, hormone therapy, the aging process, or heredity. Advanced laser technology offers an effective treatment for facial and spider veins and we now offer treatment with this technology in our office.
Pre-Laser Treatment Care
- For all laser treatments, avoid use of Retin-A, Accutane, Renova, and Acid products 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Wash all areas to be treated clean.
- For Spider Veins on areas other than face, shave areas one day prior to treatment.
- Apply the prescribed numbing cream to all areas one hour prior to treatment and again right before your treatment begins.
Post-Laser Treatment Care
- For all laser treatments, apply Aloe Vera to treated areas 3 times a day for up to 3 days.
- There may be redness and mild localized swelling in the treated areas for several minutes to 3 days.
- The treated areas may feel similar to a mild sunburn for about 3 days.
- Minimize all sun exposure and avoid any tanning products. Apply sunscreen SPF 40+ before going out in the sun.
- Please contact the office immediately if you experience any discomfort or have concerns.